WHISTLE BLOWING POLICY
Amreli Steels Limited (“the Company”) is committed to the highest standards of transparency, honesty, openness and accountability. In order to ensure compliance with the best practices of the corporate governance, the Company has incorporated a Whistleblowing Policy (“the Policy”) to detect, identify and report any activity which is not in line with the company policies, any misuse of company’s properties or any breach of law which may affect the reputation of the Company.
The Policy applies to all employees, management and the Board, and extends to every individual associated with the Company including contractors, suppliers, business partners and the shareholders who are encouraged to report serious concerns that could have a significant impact on the Organization, such as –
- unlawful civil or criminal offence;
- failure to comply with statutory obligations/requirements;
- financial or non-financial mismanagement, fraud and corruption, including bribery;
- violation of various corporate policies-governing business conduct;
- violation of Health, Safety & Environmental standards applicable to the business;
- harassment, discrimination or other unfair employment practices;
- attempt to conceal or suppress information relating to the above.
Open and candid communication is an important part of our culture. All concerns are to be made in writing to ensure a clear understanding of the issues being raised. Whistleblowers may report their concerns through the following methods:-
- E-mail – [email protected], which shall only be accessible to the Whistleblowing Unit
- Mail – Captioned ‘Whistleblowing Unit’ – Registered Office, A-18, S.I.T.E. Karachi’.
The Whistle Blowing Unit shall comprise of the Managing Director and such other senior officials of the Company as nominated by the Board of Directors.
Every effort will be made to maintain the confidentiality of complainants and to protect them from any form of retaliation, reprisal or victimization for genuinely held concerns that are raised in good faith. At the same time, it should be noted that unfounded allegations made recklessly, maliciously or knowing that they were false can expose the complainant to disciplinary action.
It is expected that all complaints will be lodged with proper identification. Anonymous complaints will also be accepted, however, the decision to take them up lies with the Whistleblowing unit depending on their nature and urgency.
The Company undertakes that all complaints will be investigated confidentially by independent persons and feedback will be provided to the complainant. Deliberately making a false concern is also an allegation under this Policy and may lead to a disciplinary action against complainant.
The Board reserves its right to amend or modify this Policy in whole or in part, at any time without assigning any reason whatsoever.